Click column header to sort
At BKD, our Forensics and Litigation Services practice is led by a talented team of experienced professionals, who have a sincere appreciation for people and how they are each uniquely motivated. BKD’s forensics professionals are experts at providing a variety of services to our clients, including forensic accounting, litigation services, fraud investigations and fraud risk assessments. We focus on training and developing our teams to help them reach their full potential. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are seeking variety, we would love to talk to you!
As a BKD Forensics Senior Consultant, you will develop expertise, expand your knowledge and build collaborative relationships within the practice and with clients. Further, you will have meaningful support from firm leadership for substantial professional development.
BKD’s Forensics & Litigation leadership team takes pride in creating and maintaining a supportive and respectful environment for our team members. Apply if you’re interested in learning how we can support your professional and personal goals. This position can be located in Indianapolis, IN, Chicago, IL, Kansas City, MO, Dallas, TX, Houston, TX, San Antonio, TX or Springfield, MO.
What You Will Do:
- Participate in investigation, litigation support and forensic consulting engagements
- Perform complex and detailed analysis of financial and legal documents, analysis of fraudulent transactions and reconstruction of financial statements
- Apply technical research skills needed to gather, organize, summarize and interpret data to arrive at a conclusion
- Prepare sections and/or entire expert reports and other communications required in litigation service projects
- Review work papers, expert reports, and other communications for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with professional standards and applicable judicial requirements
Our San Antonio office is actively seeking a Tax Manager. The preferred candidate will have at least 3 years of experience working with corporate tax clients; experience with financial institutions clients is preferred but not necessary.
What You Will Do:
- Manage tax advisory services, tax compliance, and tax provision to pass-through and C-corporation entities with an emphasis on manufacturing and distribution, construction and real estate, professional services, technology and financial institutions
- Help develop, build and manage client relationships
- Represent BKD in the professional and business community
- Participate in the proposal process for prospective clients
- Contribute to BKD sponsored technical guidance for internal and external publication and to internal learning and development.
- Assist in managing, developing and coaching professional tax staff
As a Tax Senior Associate at BKD, you will gain valuable experience and use your critical thinking abilities to help clients solve problems and apply your social skills to build rewarding business relationships. You will work with clients from a variety of industries as you develop your technical skills and assist in supervising our tax staff.
What You Will Do:
- Provide tax compliance, tax provision, and tax advisory services to pass-through and C-corporation entities with an emphasis on companies operating in the manufacturing and distribution, construction and real estate, professional services and technology, and financial institutions industries
- Assist in supervising, developing and coaching professional tax staff
- Help develop and manage client relationships
- Provide timely and unmatched client service, exceeding client expectations
- Represent BKD in the marketplace at networking events
- Participate in the proposal process for potential new clients
- Participate in campus recruiting initiatives and programs
- Contribute to BKD sponsored technical guidance for internal and external publication and to internal learning and development sessions.
- Work with your team to assign projects and resolve scheduling conflicts
The BKD audit team provides services that go beyond the compliance function. This team brings credibility to our clients' financial picture, communicates information objectively and clearly, and provides insight to help clients improve their businesses.
What You Will Do:
- Perform detailed audit procedures over various income statement and balance sheet accounts
- Proactively interact with key client management to demonstrate your ability to recognize problems and propose sensible solutions
- Use technology tools proficiently in regular assignments and demonstrate a commitment to improving work processes through the use of technology
- Maintain the appropriate balance between client needs and BKD’s risk
- Manage assigned workload between yourself and BKD employees
- Meet assigned deadlines or budgets and provide advanced notification of any variances
- Travel to serve clients as necessary
- Complete required Continued Professional Education
BKD Private Client Services (PCS) advisors provide sophisticated tax compliance, consulting, and planning services to individuals, families, businesses, fiduciaries, and more. Our professionals include CPAs, JDs, CFAs, and Chartered Financial Analysts. Partnering with our Wealth Advisors, Family Office, and BKDnext teams expand your flexibility to help clients grow, preserve and protect wealth.
The Tax Director serves as a trusted advisor and member of various client service teams and must possess significant knowledge of taxation compliance and consulting related to personal income, estate, gift, wealth retention strategies as well as taxation of entities owned by ultra-high new worth clients (partnership, trust, foundation taxation. The Director participates in client development, team management of associates and senior associates, and conducts research to be current as a subject matter expert.
What You Will Do:
- Provide tax compliance and tax advisory services to individuals, trusts, estates, and private foundations with emphasis on sophisticated individual, fiduciary, gift, and estate tax matters
- Help develop, build, and manage client relationships as part of the proposal process
- Participate in networking activities to further expand business opportunities and client relationships
- As a highly impactful team member, maintaining functional expertise and understanding of a client’s business or family structure is essential to addressing client concerns and challenges
- Assist in managing, developing, and coaching professional tax staff
- Review returns prepared by tax associates and seniors
- Effectively delegate responsibilities to others, monitoring efforts of engagement teams
- Proficiently use technology tools in regular assignments and demonstrate a commitment to improving work processes through the use of technology
- Successfully research complex tax issues, apply findings to projects, and clearly communicate those findings in writing
What You Will Do:
- You would work in conjunction with existing BKD advisor and external advisors to develop, recommend and implement complex tax and estate plans for clients
- You would also serve as point of contact to advise on other gift and estate issues and could connect others throughout the firm as needed
- Be an external recognized BKD thought leader in the PCS area and ideally would present at high-level, impact conferences, produce written materials, etc.
- Evaluate client’s net worth and existing planning vehicles and develops ideas and alternatives (i.e. creation of trusts, asset protection strategies, etc.)
- Develop, consult on and implement tax, estate and legacy plans for clients, including those of the greatest complexity in coordination with existing PCS personnel
- Consult with clients and their attorneys on the benefits of estate planning and to determine appropriate plans for estate taxes utilizing knowledge of inheritance, gift, income, and estate taxes
- Collaborate with other planning resources on specific subject matters and partners in the acquisition of new clients
- Conduct and review research, as appropriate, and develops tax, estate and other analyses and plans. Makes generally accepted recommendations to team and may make recommendations to clients.
- Provide direction to and supervise PCS personnel in development of work product
- Maintain current in-depth knowledge of a full range of trust-oriented services (e.g., personal trusts, living trusts, wills, investment management, custody, financial consulting, estate and tax planning)
- Maintain periodic contact with clients in coordination with the relationship partner
- Deepen existing relationships by working with integrated PCS teams
- Retain, expand and deepen existing relationships in collaboration with relationship partners
- Identify solutions and BKD services as sales opportunities to enhance existing client relationships
- Develop new client relationships through networking, prospecting and referrals by being actively involved in networking at key organizations
- Assess and effectively manage all the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support BKD's Enterprise Risk
- Have knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations
BKD Wealth Advisors, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of BKD, LLP is seeking to add an experienced Wealth Management professional to its Private Client Services team in our San Antonio practice. We focus on simplifying the complex financial lives of ultra-affluent families.
What You Will Do:
- Serve as the lead wealth advisor for a team providing an integrated suite of services to ultra-affluent families.
- Work with a team of Private Client Services professionals to assist families in creating a comprehensive wealth management strategy that focuses on:
- Family Governance & Administration
- Wealth Transfer Planning
- Investment Management
- Risk Management
- Philanthropic Strategies
- Accounting & Tax Service
- Work with multiple generations within a family
- Develop/maintain in-depth expertise and global knowledge of wealth management services
- Coordinate & work on multiple, concurrent client projects & complete assignments with minimal supervision
- Actively participate in business development activities to identify, pursue & acquire new clients
- Develop contacts with others in the business, professional or civic community
What You Will Do:
- Build and manage the Tax department schedule as well as lead Tax department scheduling meetings
- Coordinate and oversee Managers’ client listing, ensure proper budgeting and management of their client lists
- Serve as local expert for proprietary software
- Serve as liaison to the Tax Processing department in conjunction with Operations Manager and Tax Processing Team Leader, if applicable
- Manage inventory for Tax Processing
- Create and improve upon guidelines for implementation
- Develop and assess initiatives, policies and processes to promote and attain department goals
- Support office Tax Director with various responsibilities:
- Build and manage business development matrix as well as develop and manage new hire statistics matrix for Tax leadership
- Ensure the adequate and efficient flow of information within the department to facilitate other business operations
- Coordinate and lead Tax department meetings as well as department technical trainings and other meetings as required
- Serve as a member of the local office client service committee
- Ensure proper compliance with evaluation requirements set by the firm
- Collaborate with the Campus Recruiter on various tasks and projects:
- Participate in career fairs, campus events, summer leadership program and on-campus recruiting events as well as participate in office recruiting leadership meeting to encourage candidate interest in Tax
- Coordinate Tax professionals for recruiting events
- Coordinate and help facilitate Tax internship and in-charge training
- Improve and build trainings to support the Tax environment –scheduling, coordinating arrangements, collecting and following up on feedback