Our Indianapolis office is actively seeking a dedicated Accounting Outsourcing Services Manager with at least six years of experience in managing accounting operations or engagements, with exposure to multiple accounting software packages, including delivery of accounting functions, tax compliance, payroll and financial reporting.
Accounting Outsourcing Services (AOS) currently offers preparation and compilation of financial statements, summarization and adjustment of client financial information to support corporate tax returns, and preparation of 1099s, W-2s and other tax compliance activities. We are expanding to include a comprehensive advisory process, from assessment of current systems and needs, to implementing and onboarding new technology options, with standardized procedures and deliverables, but customized to meet each client’s information and financial needs.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to expand knowledge of accounting operations, gain exposure to business development activities, and participate in building and growing the AOS practice in our Indianapolis and Bloomington offices. This position requires a strong attention to detail and sensitivity to deadlines, as well as leadership and management capabilities. Dedication to client service is essential, including consistently positive interactions and demonstration of effective communication and people skills.
What You Will Do:
- Manage client outsourced accounting engagements for small to mid-size organizations while advising on accounting matters including accounting systems, financial statements, cash management, payroll, sales taxation, and more
- Manage AOS client relationships, building trusted advisor relationships, and understanding business needs
- Champion AOS marketing efforts, lead AOS proposals, and assist with AOS component of audit, tax and consulting proposals
- Manage engagement letter preparation, scope of work, time reporting, and billing
- Perform or advise AOS staff on complex accounting and tax preparation tasks
- Perform detailed review of workpapers and financial statements prepared by AOS
- Review and sign tax returns prepared by AOS as allowed by firm policy
- Train, coach and evaluate performance of AOS personnel
- Assist in AOS staffing decisions (hiring, promotions, terminations, etc.)
Technology and Process:
- Assist to develop, review, update, and refine a standard toolbox of resources, standard operating procedures, and standard training resources for use by AOS team members
- Implement the technology toolbox as applicable on all client engagements to drive efficiency and client value
- Perform or troubleshoot support of accounting software packages
As a Tax Senior Associate at BKD, you will gain valuable experience and use your critical thinking abilities to help clients solve problems and apply your social skills to build rewarding business relationships. You will work with clients from a variety of industries as you develop your technical skills and assist in supervising our tax staff.
What You Will Do:
- Provide tax compliance, tax provision, and tax advisory services to pass-through and C-corporation entities with an emphasis on companies operating in the manufacturing and distribution, construction and real estate, professional services and technology, and financial institutions industries
- Assist in supervising, developing and coaching professional tax staff
- Help develop and manage client relationships
- Provide timely and unmatched client service, exceeding client expectations
- Represent BKD in the marketplace at networking events
- Participate in the proposal process for potential new clients
- Participate in campus recruiting initiatives and programs
- Contribute to BKD sponsored technical guidance for internal and external publication and to internal learning and development sessions.
- Work with your team to assign projects and resolve scheduling conflicts