Click column header to sort
This position may be seated in any of the following locations: Indianapolis, Kansas City, Fort Wayne, Chicago, or Denver
We have a Junior or Senior level position available for a Trade & Logistics Consultant!
- Perform on-site consulting services to implement Dynamics 365/AX with a focus on the Financial and Trade & Logistics modules
- Work with customers to understand their business requirements and conduct gap analysis
- Convert requirements to functional specs and functional design documents
- Configure Dynamics 365 to meet client requirements
- Utilize ERP implementation standards and tools/documents
- Perform ongoing support services to existing clients as needed via email/phone support and on-site visits
- Senior consultants must be able to lead and coach junior consultants
The Big Data & Analytics practice is an initiative focused on data analytics, business intelligence, machine learning and emerging big data technologies.
BKD is looking to hire a Team Leader for our Big Data & Analytics Practice. This position will lead with our data analytics team in completing data analytics projects and the development of analytics solutions for a variety of industries and business purposes. The position requires a strong interest in leveraging data for greater insights into an organization with a focus on developing data visualization solutions for clients. This role will include significant business development and selling responsibilities which will include travel and presenting at conferences and BKD seminars.
The Data Analytics Team Leader may be located in one of the following BKD offices: Kansas City, MO; Springfield, MO; Indianapolis, IN; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO
- Lead others within the practice to determine analytics needs for projects – this could include planning, developing and performing routine analytics procedures to identify unusual trends, patterns and relationships in transactional, attribute-based and unstructured data sets
- Work with BKD’s Project Management Office to design innovative data-driven solutions and models to solve client issues
- Work with disparate data sets from multiple client systems to develop comprehensive analytical models
- Lead the data analytics efforts to design and build client-facing deliverables within data analysis and data visualization software
- Lead the business development efforts to grow data analytics revenue for the Firm through collaborating with local BKD offices and through external marketing initiatives
Want to make a difference and take your career to the next level by joining a growing Transaction Services practice and working with experienced professionals who have chosen the lower and middle market?
BKD’s Transaction Services team provides advisory services and expertise to clients related to mergers and acquisitions to help execute the deal. Our services encompass the development and execution of an appropriate transaction structure by working to understand profit drivers and trends, challenge assumptions of future performance and assist with purchase agreements and post-closing transaction matters. We leverage a unique approach through Data Analytics to provide insights that traditional diligence may not capture.
- Lead buy-side and sell-side financial due diligence engagements.
- Analyze financial and operational results of target companies.
- Evaluate financial information, identify diligence issues / opportunities and recommend post-acquisition actions.
- Prepare and review reports regarding due diligence and financial analysis.
- Research and analyze industry standards, trends and target companies.
- Work closely with executives, investment bankers, private equity and corporate clients, attorneys or other stakeholders.
- Lead, supervise and train team members providing transaction services to clients.
- Work alongside other BKD team members to exceed client expectations.
BKD is seeking to a leader who understands the complexities and nuances of tax credits along with the relationship, strategic, and execution abilities in a highly collaborative firm to lead our National real estate tax credit practice. The practice leader will be enhancing BKD’s established expertise by identifying opportunities and risks through researching of market trends, business intelligence, and engaging with other key leaders for insights and learnings.
Throughout its footprint, BKD has developed real estate tax expertise and serves hundreds of clients in the real estate space. Many of these clients utilize various forms of tax credits to assist in the capital stack and development of projects.
This position is preferably based in Kansas City, St. Louis, or Springfield, MO. Indianapolis, Chicago or Denver can be considered as well.
- Prepare and review tax credit feasibility studies, tax compliance work, and transaction structure
- Analyze evolving portfolio of complex tax operations to provide meaningful business insights, and then develop plans and approaches to improve clients’ tax activities
- Manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a highly collaborative team environment
- Develop and enhance relationships for new clients engaging in relationship marketing and business development activities
- Work closely with and directly communicate with partners, managers and team members, in addition to client personnel.
- All other project duties as assigned based on the firm and client needs.
Location Preferences- Denver, Dallas, Houston, Springfield (MO), St Louis, Kansas City, Indianapolis, Chicago
The successful candidate will have a passion for enabling companies to more effectively operate their businesses through the use of leading technologies and best practices.
- Provide proficient knowledge and capabilities in the Dynamics GP application, including the functional configuration, business processes, and technical architecture
- Understand and implement manufacturing and/or payroll capabilities in Dynamics GP
- Translate client business pains, needs, and requirements, and document in the form of project specifications and deliverables
- Perform fit/gap analysis and process design for Dynamics GP core accounting applications
- Manage client engagements and relationships
- Perform solution design, system testing, unit testing, guide user acceptance testing, support user adoption, training, and go live activities
- Assist in sales cycle as needed, with demonstrations, project scoping, and requirements gathering
- Provide day-to-day technical application support for client companies
- Effectively manage your time between immediate client support needs and ongoing projects
- Participate in client meetings to gather business requirements and map to the solution capabilities
- Perform gap analysis from requirements gathered to solution proposed
- Complete design/configuration of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central and key third party products
- Produce project documentation such as: Functional Requirements Document, Customization Specifications, User Acceptance Test Scripts, and End User Training Documentation using BKD’s project implementation methodology
- Build integrations to perform data conversion tasks and additional integrations based off requirements
- Participate in all tasks relating to feature testing, solution testing, and user acceptance testing
- Lead end user training for clients in a one on one, webinar and classroom style settings
- Provide application support for clients
- Assist with escalation support for help desk
- Design/create financial statements with Power BI and other financial reporting tools
- Support Senior Consultants and Business Central team lead
- Obtain and maintain Microsoft Dynamics 365 certifications, as applicable
- Exemplify professional, clear, timely communication in all interactions
The BKD audit team provides assurance services that go beyond the compliance function. This team brings credibility to our clients' financial picture, communicates information objectively and clearly, and provides insight to help clients improve their businesses. As an Audit Senior, you will be responsible for providing unmatched client service while managing audit engagements, working with associates and the engagement partner or manager as well as the client. Responsibilities include:
- Correctly perform most routine audit engagement procedures in a timely and professional manner
- Demonstrate ability to recognize problems and propose sensible solutions, with appropriate balance between clients’ needs and the firm’s risk
- Balance assigned workload between self and staff
- Meet assigned deadlines or budgets and provide advance warning of problems
- Show ability to supervise and train other professionals
- Be willing and available to travel to serve clients
BKD’s WealthPlan (Private Client Services) group provides tax compliance and consulting services to our high net worth clients to help grow, preserve and protect their wealth. We provide financial, income tax, retirement, and estate planning services to high level executives, multi-generational wealthy families, their closely held businesses and investment enterprises. This is a growing practice within the organization. We are seeking motivated individuals who want to join a team to take this practice to the next level as well as advancing in their career.
Tax Managers / Senior Managers serve as members of various client service teams and must possess significant knowledge of taxation compliance and consulting related to personal income, estate, gift, wealth retention strategies as well as taxation of entities owned by ultra-high net worth clients (partnership, trust, foundation taxation). Managers / Senior Managers participate in identifying client services and communicating with clients and financial managers. They must have strong written and oral presentation skills, conduct research, manage, develop and grow a team of associates and seniors.
- Provide tax compliance and tax advisory services to individuals, partnerships, S corporations, charitable entities, Estates, Trusts, and Gift Tax.
- Help develop, build and manage client relationships
- Assist in managing, developing and coaching professional tax staff
- Review returns prepared by tax associates and seniors
- Effectively delegate responsibilities to others, monitoring efforts of engagement teams
- Exhibit effective communication and listening skills
- Proficiently use technology tools in regular assignments and demonstrate commitment to improving work processes through use of technology
- Successfully research complex tax issues, apply findings to projects and clearly communicate those findings in writing