Click column header to sort
BKD is seeking to a leader who understands the complexities and nuances of tax credits along with the relationship, strategic, and execution abilities in a highly collaborative firm to lead our National real estate tax credit practice. The practice leader will be enhancing BKD’s established expertise by identifying opportunities and risks through researching of market trends, business intelligence, and engaging with other key leaders for insights and learnings.
Throughout its footprint, BKD has developed real estate tax expertise and serves hundreds of clients in the real estate space. Many of these clients utilize various forms of tax credits to assist in the capital stack and development of projects.
This position is preferably based in Kansas City, St. Louis, or Springfield, MO. Indianapolis, Chicago or Denver can be considered as well.
- Prepare and review tax credit feasibility studies, tax compliance work, and transaction structure
- Analyze evolving portfolio of complex tax operations to provide meaningful business insights, and then develop plans and approaches to improve clients’ tax activities
- Manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a highly collaborative team environment
- Develop and enhance relationships for new clients engaging in relationship marketing and business development activities
- Work closely with and directly communicate with partners, managers and team members, in addition to client personnel.
- All other project duties as assigned based on the firm and client needs.
BKD’s NYC office is seeking a Nurse Consultant who utilizes clinical and operational skills to assess, plan, implement and monitor improvement activities for health care clients of the firm. In this role, you will engage with Administrators, Directors of Nursing/Patient Services and other clinicians to evaluate processes and assist with program adherence and implementation. Must be knowledgeable with state and federal laws, regulations and certification requirements for residential health care facilities, assisted living programs and home health agencies. Is capable of reviewing and analyzing programs and services and communicating information to providers in a concise and directive fashion.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead projects for healthcare entities including: residential health care facilities, assisted living programs and home health agencies
- Works both independently or as a member of a health care team in providing guidance and assistance to clients for regulatory and technical compliance with licensure rules and regulations
- Conducts on-site surveys with emphasis on the administration, organization, delivery and evaluation of all clinical care delivered to resident(s)/client(s) to determine compliance with state and federal licensing/certification standards, regulations and laws
- Evaluates regulatory compliance and determines clinical education needs for client(s)
- Provides assistance to providers on program developments and maintenance of standards for care
- Reviews medical records to assess compliance to standards of care and program eligibility
- Develops policies and procedures for health care providers regarding clinical aspects of nursing practice and program/facility operations
- Evaluates provider program policies and provides recommendations regarding efficiencies in operations
- Working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and Managed Care coverage, referral and reimbursement methods
- Able to effectively communicate with varied audiences, using appropriate and effective methods (written, verbal, presentation, illustration), style, grammar and tone
- Develops client relationships that results in follow-up work and is requested by clients for further involvement
- Knowledgeable on regulatory and certification requirements for post-acute care industry
- Must be willing to travel approximately 70 % of time. Overnight travel may be required periodically
BKD’s National Healthcare Practice is searching for a talent leader to build and evolve our Life Sciences practice. This exciting position will focus on driving value to clients through audit, tax and advisory services, expanding current relationships while developing new ones in the life science and private equity segments. This opportunity is a leadership position with tremendous growth potential with one of the leading professional service firms in the United States. The healthcare group is the largest industry within BKD.
As a leader within our Life Sciences Advisory Practice, you will be working with the firm’s health care industry leadership team in building the firm’s strategies, solutions, and capabilities to provide audit, tax and advisory services to public and private companies, including early stage, high-growth, public equity and venture capital companies. With leadership accountability for this expanding niche, you will identify, guide, and provide solutions for client engagements, staff creation, processes, and the approach to win and retain business with BKD’s Unmatched Client Service practices.
- Technical Expertise --- Previous or current public accounting experience in the life sciences segment (pharma, biotech, healthcare technology, medical devices), with experience working in a transformative environment to properly align people/process/technology to improve financial and operational performance.
- Strategic Thought Leadership --- Executive experience in “innovation thought leadership” for life sciences, working with private equity firms, and high growth businesses is important for this position.
- Client Service Experience --- A proven track record in delivering large/complex audit, tax or advisory projects is essential. This individual has executive experience in communicating effectively with not only client executives, but also all-working levels.
- Growth --- This individual will be part of a group that will be pursuing internal and external growth opportunities. A proven track record in driving sustainable financial and operations results at a consulting firm is preferred.
- Talent Experience --- Experience in advising and mentoring talent to help our team grow professionally (regardless of position) is also an expectation for this position.
- Collaborative Influence --- As previously noted, BKD’s largest industry is healthcare. Collaborating within consulting and across lines of business (i.e audit, tax, consulting, and transaction services) will be a core expectation for this position.
Other expectations include:
- Active in relevant healthcare or life sciences industry groups
- Execute quality service delivery and identify additional value added services
- Manage multiple engagements, driving small to large projects, evaluating work quality and performance, including qualitative and quantitative tasks
- Provide best in class experience for our clients
- Comply with the firm’s expectations around risk management standards as it pertains to client service delivery
- Participate in developing new business, developing relationships, qualifying leads and scoping opportunities
- Work with investment companies which use fair value accounting like Private Equities, Hedge Funds, Real Estate Funds, SBICs, Mutual Funds, BDCs, etc.
- Assist in managing, developing and coaching professional staff
- Accurately complete and review audit engagements in a manner that meets professional technical requirements
- Adequately identify audit risks and problems through review to ensure audit engagements are completed with defendable files and documentation
Our Forensics & Valuation Services group is seeking a Director, who would be located in our New York, NY office. The Director will use their extensive knowledge and skills obtained through formal education and/or work-related experience to build and manage a practice in the New York City region. They will assist in the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of the Forensics & Valuation Services framework.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build, develop, and manage a book of business that meets the goals and objectives of the practice unit
- Provide consulting services by working on and leading projects such as forensic accounting, investigation, complex litigation support, expert testimony and reporting
- Provide technical knowledge, value and leadership by using industry knowledge and experience
- Manage client relationships that exceed client satisfaction
- Responsible for maintaining quality standards of excellence and best practices