Click column header to sort
Our Kansas City office is actively seeking a dedicated client service Tax Senior Associate II or Manager with 3 to 5 years of progressive experience to manage tax advisory services, tax compliance and tax provision to a diversified client base focused on privately held businesses. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a public accounting background in tax compliance, research and planning to contribute to our Kansas City practice and to develop broad and deep tax consulting skills for business owners. This is an excellent role to deepen your already intricate tax expertise and gain exposure to business development activities.
- Manage tax advisory services, tax compliance, and tax provision to various corporate entities
- Help develop, build and manage client relationships
- Represent BKD in the professional and business community
- Participate in the proposal process for prospective clients
- Contribute to BKD sponsored technical guidance for internal and external publication and to internal learning and development.
- Assist in managing, developing and coaching professional tax staff
- Participate in client meetings to gather business requirements and map to the solution capabilities
- Perform gap analysis from requirements gathered to proposed solution
- Complete design/configuration of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central and key third party products
- Produce project documentation such as: Functional Requirements Document, Customization Specifications, User Acceptance Test Scripts, and End User Training Documentation using BKD’s project implementation methodology
- Build integrations to perform data conversion tasks and additional integrations based off requirements
- Participate in all tasks relating to feature testing, solution testing, and user acceptance testing
- Lead end user training for clients in a one on one, webinar and classroom style settings
- Provide application support for clients
- Assist with escalation support for help desk
- Design/create financial statements with Power BI and other financial reporting tools
- Support Senior Consultants and Business Central team lead
- Obtain and maintain Microsoft Dynamics 365 certifications, as applicable
- Exemplify professional, clear, timely communication in all interactions
BKD’s National Insurance Services Practice currently ranks seventh as a provider of audit services to the insurance industry according to A.M. Best. The practice serves insurance companies, third-party administrators and related service companies with revenues ranging from $25 million to more than $3 billion. BKD’s Governing Board has identified the Insurance Services Practice as a strategic initiative as it sees extraordinary growth opportunities for providing services to insurance companies.
- Assist in managing, developing and coaching professional staff
- Manage aspects of an audit engagement, including: planning, fieldwork and wrap-up
- Work with team to identify engagement and operating problems and provide timely solutions and consultation directly to partners and senior management
- Research technical accounting issues
- Identify opportunities for improvement on assigned engagements
Want to make a difference and take your career to the next level by helping build a Turnaround and Performance Improvement practice? BKD is looking for an innovative, passionate and motivated leader with a proven track record. Our ideal candidate will have large consulting firm experience and the ability to use those skills serving the lower and middle market.
- Actively pursue new clients and team members for the Turnaround and Performance Improvement team.
- Lead, develop and execute strategies for clients to help improve overall company performance and advise on potential operational alternatives.
- Assess key business operational performance drivers, including KPIs.
- Analyze and sensitize company business plans.
- Prepare cash flow and financial models.
- Analyze revenue and profit drivers, to understand opportunities or exposures with customers or products.
- Analyze expenditures, looking for opportunities to minimize costs, defer discretionary items and develop execution milestones
- Analyze supply chains, understanding key vendors and potential alternatives.
- Develop and analyze cost reduction initiatives and execution milestones.
- Assess opportunities for working capital improvements.
- Work closely with executives, private equity and corporate clients, attorneys or other stakeholders.
- Lead, supervise and train team members.
- Work alongside other BKD team members to exceed client expectations.
BKD’s Technology practice is currently looking to add a Microsoft Dynamics 365 F&O Production Consultant in our Indianapolis, Kansas City, St Louis, or Dallas office. This position will be responsible for evaluating our clients’ current process and configuring Microsoft Dynamics 365 software for Trade and Logistics or Production.
- Through interpersonal and presentation skills, effectively demonstrate the capabilities of D365 F&O
- Manage and document business and system processes making use of Microsoft cloud-based tools including Lifecycle Services and Azure Dev Ops
- Training key users on the core job functions
- Identify and link functional and technical requirements to deliver an end to end solution
This position may be seated in any of the following locations: Indianapolis, Kansas City, Fort Wayne, Chicago, or Denver
We have a Junior or Senior level position available for a Trade & Logistics Consultant!
- Perform on-site consulting services to implement Dynamics 365/AX with a focus on the Financial and Trade & Logistics modules
- Work with customers to understand their business requirements and conduct gap analysis
- Convert requirements to functional specs and functional design documents
- Configure Dynamics 365 to meet client requirements
- Utilize ERP implementation standards and tools/documents
- Perform ongoing support services to existing clients as needed via email/phone support and on-site visits
- Senior consultants must be able to lead and coach junior consultants
Want to make a difference and take your career to the next level by joining a growing Transaction Services practice and working with experienced professionals who have chosen the lower and middle market?
BKD’s Transaction Services team provides advisory services and expertise to clients related to mergers and acquisitions to help execute the deal. Our services encompass the development and execution of an appropriate transaction structure by working to understand profit drivers and trends, challenge assumptions of future performance and assist with purchase agreements and post-closing transaction matters. We leverage a unique approach through Data Analytics to provide insights that traditional diligence may not capture.
- Lead buy-side and sell-side financial due diligence engagements.
- Analyze financial and operational results of target companies.
- Evaluate financial information, identify diligence issues / opportunities and recommend post-acquisition actions.
- Prepare and review reports regarding due diligence and financial analysis.
- Research and analyze industry standards, trends and target companies.
- Work closely with executives, investment bankers, private equity and corporate clients, attorneys or other stakeholders.
- Lead, supervise and train team members providing transaction services to clients.
- Work alongside other BKD team members to exceed client expectations.
BKD is seeking to a leader who understands the complexities and nuances of tax credits along with the relationship, strategic, and execution abilities in a highly collaborative firm to lead our National real estate tax credit practice. The practice leader will be enhancing BKD’s established expertise by identifying opportunities and risks through researching of market trends, business intelligence, and engaging with other key leaders for insights and learnings.
Throughout its footprint, BKD has developed real estate tax expertise and serves hundreds of clients in the real estate space. Many of these clients utilize various forms of tax credits to assist in the capital stack and development of projects.
This position is preferably based in Kansas City, St. Louis, or Springfield, MO. Indianapolis, Chicago or Denver can be considered as well.
- Prepare and review tax credit feasibility studies, tax compliance work, and transaction structure
- Analyze evolving portfolio of complex tax operations to provide meaningful business insights, and then develop plans and approaches to improve clients’ tax activities
- Manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a highly collaborative team environment
- Develop and enhance relationships for new clients engaging in relationship marketing and business development activities
- Work closely with and directly communicate with partners, managers and team members, in addition to client personnel.
- All other project duties as assigned based on the firm and client needs.
Location Preferences- Denver, Dallas, Houston, Springfield (MO), St Louis, Kansas City, Indianapolis, Chicago
The successful candidate will have a passion for enabling companies to more effectively operate their businesses through the use of leading technologies and best practices.
- Provide proficient knowledge and capabilities in the Dynamics GP application, including the functional configuration, business processes, and technical architecture
- Understand and implement manufacturing and/or payroll capabilities in Dynamics GP
- Translate client business pains, needs, and requirements, and document in the form of project specifications and deliverables
- Perform fit/gap analysis and process design for Dynamics GP core accounting applications
- Manage client engagements and relationships
- Perform solution design, system testing, unit testing, guide user acceptance testing, support user adoption, training, and go live activities
- Assist in sales cycle as needed, with demonstrations, project scoping, and requirements gathering
- Provide day-to-day technical application support for client companies
- Effectively manage your time between immediate client support needs and ongoing projects
Our Kansas City reimbursement practice offers an excellent opportunity for candidates who possess a strong desire to serve clients, train staff and develop as a regulatory business advisor. This position will support firm leadership in staying aware of and preparing new business development growth opportunities within the practice.
As a member of the National Healthcare Group, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of regulatory, financial, billing and compliance projects, but a primary focus would be in regulatory reimbursement consulting services.
Our regulatory reimbursement consulting services consist of preparation and review of annual Medicare and Medicaid cost reports and special projects, which include services related to:
- Disproportionate Share Hospitals payments
- Medicare Bad Debts
- Wage Index
- Graduate Medical Educaton/InME
- Settlement issues
- PRRB Appeals
In addition, this individual would be involved with several Medicaid state level projects including hospital supplemental payments and general Medicaid reimbursement topics and will be asked to assist with research in numerous regulatory areas.