Click column header to sort
The Big Data & Analytics practice is an initiative focused on data analytics, business intelligence, machine learning and emerging big data technologies.
BKD is looking to hire a Team Leader for our Big Data & Analytics Practice. This position will lead with our data analytics team in completing data analytics projects and the development of analytics solutions for a variety of industries and business purposes. The position requires a strong interest in leveraging data for greater insights into an organization with a focus on developing data visualization solutions for clients. This role will include significant business development and selling responsibilities which will include travel and presenting at conferences and BKD seminars.
The Data Analytics Team Leader may be located in one of the following BKD offices: Kansas City, MO; Springfield, MO; Indianapolis, IN; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO
- Lead others within the practice to determine analytics needs for projects – this could include planning, developing and performing routine analytics procedures to identify unusual trends, patterns and relationships in transactional, attribute-based and unstructured data sets
- Work with BKD’s Project Management Office to design innovative data-driven solutions and models to solve client issues
- Work with disparate data sets from multiple client systems to develop comprehensive analytical models
- Lead the data analytics efforts to design and build client-facing deliverables within data analysis and data visualization software
- Lead the business development efforts to grow data analytics revenue for the Firm through collaborating with local BKD offices and through external marketing initiatives
The Director of Business Development will provide strategic vision, training, resources and accountability procedures to support firm business development efforts with clients, prospects and referral sources. This includes leading sales and business development training programs, development of target lists and resources to support the sales process, coaching offices or supporting large opportunities, creation of client acquisition strategies, product life-cycle management, managing a proactive calling team and the ability to analyze data and see trends and strategic focus areas.
- Lead firmwide Sales Training Institute to build necessary skills, best practices and tools for client service personnel to develop current and new client relationships
- Strategize and support industry groups, regions and offices on impact client and prospect pursuits
- Ongoing focus on the sales training leadership program and one on one strategic coaching
- Develop, coach and leverage best practices with firm business development executives
- Work with National Industry Team Manager to expand and develop future cross-serving education efforts, business development resource center and the BKD +One initiative
- Work with appropriate team members to utilize client survey results to increase revenue and facilitate introductions/referrals
- Work closely with marketing, Industry, Regional and NAS Team leaders to align and execute on marketing and business development efforts
- Manage our proactive calling team to drive revenue generating opportunities
- Work with National Industry Team Manager to coordinate annual firmwide marketing campaigns to provide strategy and tactics to capitalize on “sales” ready leads
- Work with National Industry Team Manager to develop best practices and SOPs for conference & event follow up and tracking to leverage on a firmwide level
- Create, manage and track ROI of an effective “target” list program for focused marketing efforts
- Oversee and proactively manage sales cycle and funnel activities to generate new firm revenue
- Analyze firm data sources and create strategic action plans to increase revenue growth based on relevant information
We are looking for an experienced Technology Support Specialist to work out of our Chicago location and support both Chicago and Madison, WI.
Some responsibilities include:
- At the direction of the IT Infrastructure team, assist with the setup and maintenance of all hardware and software, including but not limited to server(s), server rack/server closet, server room climate control, router, hubs, switches, wiring rack, wiring/cabling, fax services, copiers, printers, scanners, UPS systems, secondary application servers, Wireless Access Points (WAPs), WAN connectivity equipment
- Assist with documenting, tracking and troubleshooting any network hardware failures
- Assist with maintaining documentation; cabling diagrams, settings, procedures, etc.
- Assist with the management of physical IT security for office location
- Assist with set up and maintenance of all hardware for system, including but not limited to server, wiring, vendor contacts, locks, magnetic and/or swipe cards, biometric hardware and coordinate through building management where required
- Hardware: Assist with acquisition, allocation, setup/deployment and upgrade/maintenance on all office PC-based hardware, including but not limited to PCs, monitors, portable printers, portable scanners, projector
- Software: Assist with installation of all software via imaging, SCCM deliveries and manual when necessary. Assist in software and/or data conversion. Retention and maintenance of obsolete software where client data may still need to be accessed
- A/V projection: Assist with scheduling, event setup and end user support as necessary
User account management:
- Assist with and participate in disaster recovery processes at the direction of IT security
- Maintain inventory of all hardware, software
- Maintain inventory/map of all network/telco cable locations
- Maintain inventory/map of all network hardware locations
- Maintain inventory for shared, successor auditor, hot spare, temp employees
- Assist Mobility Support in maintaining inventory of all personal handheld devices that have been set up/configured to Interface with firm email/scheduling program
- Consumable supply management, if necessary
BKD is seeking to a leader who understands the complexities and nuances of tax credits along with the relationship, strategic, and execution abilities in a highly collaborative firm to lead our National real estate tax credit practice. The practice leader will be enhancing BKD’s established expertise by identifying opportunities and risks through researching of market trends, business intelligence, and engaging with other key leaders for insights and learnings.
Throughout its footprint, BKD has developed real estate tax expertise and serves hundreds of clients in the real estate space. Many of these clients utilize various forms of tax credits to assist in the capital stack and development of projects.
This position is preferably based in Kansas City, St. Louis, or Springfield, MO. Indianapolis, Chicago or Denver can be considered as well.
- Prepare and review tax credit feasibility studies, tax compliance work, and transaction structure
- Analyze evolving portfolio of complex tax operations to provide meaningful business insights, and then develop plans and approaches to improve clients’ tax activities
- Manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a highly collaborative team environment
- Develop and enhance relationships for new clients engaging in relationship marketing and business development activities
- Work closely with and directly communicate with partners, managers and team members, in addition to client personnel.
- All other project duties as assigned based on the firm and client needs.
Location Preferences- Denver, Dallas, Houston, Springfield (MO), St Louis, Kansas City, Indianapolis, Chicago
The successful candidate will have a passion for enabling companies to more effectively operate their businesses through the use of leading technologies and best practices.
- Provide proficient knowledge and capabilities in the Dynamics GP application, including the functional configuration, business processes, and technical architecture
- Understand and implement manufacturing and/or payroll capabilities in Dynamics GP
- Translate client business pains, needs, and requirements, and document in the form of project specifications and deliverables
- Perform fit/gap analysis and process design for Dynamics GP core accounting applications
- Manage client engagements and relationships
- Perform solution design, system testing, unit testing, guide user acceptance testing, support user adoption, training, and go live activities
- Assist in sales cycle as needed, with demonstrations, project scoping, and requirements gathering
- Provide day-to-day technical application support for client companies
- Effectively manage your time between immediate client support needs and ongoing projects
BKD Wealth Advisors, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of BKD, LLP is seeking an experienced Wealth Management professional with strong client service and wealth management skills to serve as a lead client advisor to affluent families in our Chicago practice.
This position will be based in our Oakbrook Terrace, IL office with occasional travel to our Willis Tower downtown location.
- Serve as the lead wealth management advisor for a team helping affluent families identify and prioritize their goals & dreams. Oversee the design and ongoing implementation of a comprehensive wealth management plan for clients.
- Maintain/Develop in-depth expertise and global knowledge of wealth management services including financial planning, and investment management concepts
- Coordinate & work on multiple, concurrent client projects & complete assignments with minimum supervision
- Has thorough understanding of technical requirements & firm policy related to wealth management client services & is able to propose practical, supportable client solutions
- Actively lead and participate in business development activities to identify, pursue & acquire new clients
- Develop contacts with others in the business, professional or civic community
The BKD audit team provides assurance services that go beyond the compliance function. This team brings credibility to our clients' financial picture, communicates information objectively and clearly, and provides insight to help clients improve their businesses. Our Chicago practice, (located in downtown Chicago or Oakbrook Terrace), is seeking an Audit Senior Manager or Director with experience in Manufacturing and Distribution.
This position will be responsible for performing the following:
- Assist in managing, developing and coaching professional staff
- Accurately complete and review audit engagements in a manner that meets professional technical requirements
- Adequately identify audit risks and problems through review to ensure audit engagements are completed with defendable files and documentation
- Consistently identify engagement and operating problems and provide timely solutions and consultation
- Manage multiple concurrent engagements without disruption or loss of control and within scheduled deadlines
- Manage multiple client relationships, billings and resource needs
- Build personal referral sources and clientele while actively participate in team marketing opportunities
- Lead audit committee meetings presentations
- Participate in speaking and article writing opportunities
- Complete CPE specific to the manufacturing and distribution industry
As an Audit Manager (located in downtown Chicago or Oakbrook Terrace), you will be responsible for providing unmatched client service while managing audit engagements, working with associates and the engagement partner or manager as well as the client.
The BKD audit team provides assurance services that go beyond the compliance function. This team brings credibility to our clients' financial picture, communicates information objectively and clearly, and provides insight to help clients improve their businesses.
You will be expected to:
- Correctly perform most routine audit engagement procedures in a timely and professional manner
- Demonstrate ability to recognize problems and propose sensible solutions, with appropriate balance between clients’ needs and the firm’s risk
- Balance assigned workload between self and staff
- Meet assigned deadlines or budgets and provide advance warning of problems
- Show ability to supervise and train other professionals
- Be willing and available to travel to serve clients
Our Chicagoland office (with locations in Oakbrook Terrace and Chicago, IL) is actively seeking a dedicated client service Tax Manager with at least 6 years of progressive experience to manage tax advisory services, tax compliance and tax provision to a diversified client base focused on privately held businesses. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a public accounting background in tax compliance, research and planning to contribute to the growth of our Chicago practice and to develop broad and deep tax consulting skills for business owners. This is an excellent role to deepen your already intricate tax expertise and gain exposure to business development activities.
- Manage tax advisory services, tax compliance, and tax provision to pass-through and C-corporation entities with an emphasis on manufacturing and distribution, construction and real estate, professional services, technology and financial institutions
- Help develop, build and manage client relationships
- Represent BKD in the professional and business community
- Participate in the proposal process for prospective clients
- Contribute to BKD sponsored technical guidance for internal and external publication and to internal learning and development.
- Assist in managing, developing and coaching professional tax staff
BKD’s National Healthcare Advisory Practice is searching for a Revenue Cycle Senior Consultant. This entry-level support position will be supporting our management team on various projects within our Consulting practice. BKD’s healthcare group is the largest industry within our firm and generates approximately $120 million in client service net revenue.
As a Revenue Cycle Associate Senior Consultant within our National Healthcare Advisory Practice, you will be helping our clients improve their financial and operational performance. In addition, you will be working with a highly collaborative team that is solely dedicated to the healthcare industry.
This position can be located in Indianapolis, Chicago, Dallas, or Kansas City.
- Support large revenue cycle performance improvement projects, including qualitative and quantitative tasks
- Support the team in advising our health care clients, particularly in patient access and/or patient financial services
- Conduct data analysis to assist the team in analyzing performance trends
- Provide best in class experience for our clients
- Be able to work collaboratively in a team environment to discuss and validate client workflows, knowledge transfer sessions, and addressing issues and challenges
As a Managing Consultant within our National Community Health Center Advisory Practice, you will be working with the firm’s health care executive leadership team in building the firm’s pharmacy and 340B Pricing Program (340B) performance improvement capabilities in FQHC clients. In addition, you will be working with a highly collaborative team that is solely dedicated to the community health center industry.
- Experience with 340B performance improvement projects, including qualitative and quantitative tasks
- Execute quality client service and identify additional value added services
- Provide best in class experience for our clients
- Demonstrate ability to think independently and train team-members
- Active participant in specific healthcare industry groups (Apexus, 340B Health, NACHC and State PCAs)
- Advise, communicate and present to all levels including C-suite, management and pharmacy staff
- Provide guidance to clients regarding their 340B program:
- Operational Assistance
- Contract vs In-house implementations
- Clinic administered drug maintenance
- Compliance Reviews
- Independent Reviews
- HRSA Audit Experience a plus
- Policy and Procedure Development
- 340B network expansion i.e. development of contract pharmacy arrangements, mail order, in-house, direct purchases, specialty drugs and other opportunities
- 340B Financial Reporting
**This position can be located in Kansas City, Dallas, Indianapolis, or Chicago**
As a Managing Consultant within our National Healthcare Advisory Practice, you will be working with the firm’s health care executive leadership team in building the firm’s revenue cycle performance improvement capabilities. In addition, you will be working with a highly collaborative team that is solely dedicated to the health care industry.
- Manage large revenue cycle performance improvement projects, including qualitative and quantitative tasks
- Coach and mentor our staff/senior revenue cycle consultants
- Execute quality client service and identify additional value-added services
- Provide best in class experience for our clients
- Demonstrate thought leadership through speaking forums, whitepapers, webinars, etc.
- Active participant in specific healthcare industry groups (e.g. Beckers, HIMMS, MGMA, HFMA, etc.)
- Assist with new business development, growing our client relationships, qualifying leads and scoping opportunities
- Advise, communicate and present to all levels including C-suite, revenue cycle management, steering committees, board of directors, etc.
BKD’s National Healthcare Practice is searching for a talent leader to build and evolve our Life Sciences practice. This exciting position will focus on driving value to clients through audit, tax and advisory services, expanding current relationships while developing new ones in the life science and private equity segments. This opportunity is a leadership position with tremendous growth potential with one of the leading professional service firms in the United States. The healthcare group is the largest industry within BKD.
As a leader within our Life Sciences Advisory Practice, you will be working with the firm’s health care industry leadership team in building the firm’s strategies, solutions, and capabilities to provide audit, tax and advisory services to public and private companies, including early stage, high-growth, public equity and venture capital companies. With leadership accountability for this expanding niche, you will identify, guide, and provide solutions for client engagements, staff creation, processes, and the approach to win and retain business with BKD’s Unmatched Client Service practices.
- Technical Expertise --- Previous or current public accounting experience in the life sciences segment (pharma, biotech, healthcare technology, medical devices), with experience working in a transformative environment to properly align people/process/technology to improve financial and operational performance.
- Strategic Thought Leadership --- Executive experience in “innovation thought leadership” for life sciences, working with private equity firms, and high growth businesses is important for this position.
- Client Service Experience --- A proven track record in delivering large/complex audit, tax or advisory projects is essential. This individual has executive experience in communicating effectively with not only client executives, but also all-working levels.
- Growth --- This individual will be part of a group that will be pursuing internal and external growth opportunities. A proven track record in driving sustainable financial and operations results at a consulting firm is preferred.
- Talent Experience --- Experience in advising and mentoring talent to help our team grow professionally (regardless of position) is also an expectation for this position.
- Collaborative Influence --- As previously noted, BKD’s largest industry is healthcare. Collaborating within consulting and across lines of business (i.e audit, tax, consulting, and transaction services) will be a core expectation for this position.
Other expectations include:
- Active in relevant healthcare or life sciences industry groups
- Execute quality service delivery and identify additional value added services
- Manage multiple engagements, driving small to large projects, evaluating work quality and performance, including qualitative and quantitative tasks
- Provide best in class experience for our clients
- Comply with the firm’s expectations around risk management standards as it pertains to client service delivery
- Participate in developing new business, developing relationships, qualifying leads and scoping opportunities
Our Chicagoland office (with locations in Oakbrook Terrace and Chicago, IL) is actively seeking a dedicated client service Tax Senior Associate with at least 2 years of experience to provide tax compliance and tax advisory services to a diversified client base focused on tax exempt organizations.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a public accounting background in tax compliance, research and planning to contribute to the growth of our Chicago and National practices and to develop broad and deep tax consulting skills for non-profits. This is an excellent role to deepen your already intricate tax expertise and gain exposure to business development activities.
- Provide tax compliance, tax provision, and tax advisory services to pass-through and C-corporation entities with an emphasis on companies operating in the manufacturing and distribution, construction and real estate, professional services and technology, and financial institutions industries
- Assist in supervising, developing and coaching professional tax staff
- Help develop, build and manage client relationships
- Provide timely and unmatched client service, exceeding client expectations
- Represent BKD in the marketplace at networking events
- Participate in the proposal process for potential new clients
- Participate in campus recruiting initiatives and programs
- Contribute to BKD sponsored technical guidance for internal and external publication and to internal learning and development sessions.
- Work with team to assign projects and resolve scheduling conflicts