Click column header to sort
We are looking for an experienced Technology Support Specialist who will work out of our Denver practice. This position will also be required to travel to support our Colorado Springs, CO and Salt Lake City, UT locations as needed.
Some responsibilities include:
- At the direction of the IT Infrastructure team, assist with the setup and maintenance of all hardware and software, including but not limited to server(s), server rack/server closet, server room climate control, router, hubs, switches, wiring rack, wiring/cabling, fax services, copiers, printers, scanners, UPS systems, secondary application servers, Wireless Access Points (WAPs), WAN connectivity equipment
- Assist with documenting, tracking and troubleshooting any network hardware failures
- Assist with maintaining documentation; cabling diagrams, settings, procedures, etc.
- Assist with the management of physical IT security for office location
- Assist with set up and maintenance of all hardware for system, including but not limited to server, wiring, vendor contacts, locks, magnetic and/or swipe cards, biometric hardware and coordinate through building management where required
- Hardware: Assist with acquisition, allocation, setup/deployment and upgrade/maintenance on all office PC-based hardware, including but not limited to PCs, monitors, portable printers, portable scanners, projector
- Software: Assist with installation of all software via imaging, SCCM deliveries and manual when necessary. Assist in software and/or data conversion. Retention and maintenance of obsolete software where client data may still need to be accessed
- A/V projection: Assist with scheduling, event setup and end user support as necessary
User account management:
- Assist with and participate in disaster recovery processes at the direction of IT security
- Maintain inventory of all hardware, software
- Maintain inventory/map of all network/telco cable locations
- Maintain inventory/map of all network hardware locations
- Maintain inventory for shared, successor auditor, hot spare, temp employees
- Assist Mobility Support in maintaining inventory of all personal handheld devices that have been set up/configured to Interface with firm email/scheduling program
- Consumable supply management, if necessary
The Big Data & Analytics practice is an initiative focused on data analytics, business intelligence, machine learning and emerging big data technologies.
BKD is looking to hire a Team Leader for our Big Data & Analytics Practice. This position will lead with our data analytics team in completing data analytics projects and the development of analytics solutions for a variety of industries and business purposes. The position requires a strong interest in leveraging data for greater insights into an organization with a focus on developing data visualization solutions for clients. This role will include significant business development and selling responsibilities which will include travel and presenting at conferences and BKD seminars.
The Data Analytics Team Leader may be located in one of the following BKD offices: Kansas City, MO; Springfield, MO; Indianapolis, IN; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO
- Lead others within the practice to determine analytics needs for projects – this could include planning, developing and performing routine analytics procedures to identify unusual trends, patterns and relationships in transactional, attribute-based and unstructured data sets
- Work with BKD’s Project Management Office to design innovative data-driven solutions and models to solve client issues
- Work with disparate data sets from multiple client systems to develop comprehensive analytical models
- Lead the data analytics efforts to design and build client-facing deliverables within data analysis and data visualization software
- Lead the business development efforts to grow data analytics revenue for the Firm through collaborating with local BKD offices and through external marketing initiatives
The Director of Business Development will provide strategic vision, training, resources and accountability procedures to support firm business development efforts with clients, prospects and referral sources. This includes leading sales and business development training programs, development of target lists and resources to support the sales process, coaching offices or supporting large opportunities, creation of client acquisition strategies, product life-cycle management, managing a proactive calling team and the ability to analyze data and see trends and strategic focus areas.
- Lead firmwide Sales Training Institute to build necessary skills, best practices and tools for client service personnel to develop current and new client relationships
- Strategize and support industry groups, regions and offices on impact client and prospect pursuits
- Ongoing focus on the sales training leadership program and one on one strategic coaching
- Develop, coach and leverage best practices with firm business development executives
- Work with National Industry Team Manager to expand and develop future cross-serving education efforts, business development resource center and the BKD +One initiative
- Work with appropriate team members to utilize client survey results to increase revenue and facilitate introductions/referrals
- Work closely with marketing, Industry, Regional and NAS Team leaders to align and execute on marketing and business development efforts
- Manage our proactive calling team to drive revenue generating opportunities
- Work with National Industry Team Manager to coordinate annual firmwide marketing campaigns to provide strategy and tactics to capitalize on “sales” ready leads
- Work with National Industry Team Manager to develop best practices and SOPs for conference & event follow up and tracking to leverage on a firmwide level
- Create, manage and track ROI of an effective “target” list program for focused marketing efforts
- Oversee and proactively manage sales cycle and funnel activities to generate new firm revenue
- Analyze firm data sources and create strategic action plans to increase revenue growth based on relevant information
Want to make a difference and take your career to the next level by joining a growing Transaction Services practice and working with experienced professionals who have chosen the lower and middle market?
BKD’s Transaction Services team provides advisory services and expertise to clients related to mergers and acquisitions to help execute the deal. Our services encompass the development and execution of an appropriate transaction structure by working to understand profit drivers and trends, challenge assumptions of future performance and assist with purchase agreements and post-closing transaction matters. We leverage a unique approach through Data Analytics to provide insights that traditional diligence may not capture.
- Lead buy-side and sell-side financial due diligence engagements.
- Analyze financial and operational results of target companies.
- Evaluate financial information, identify diligence issues / opportunities and recommend post-acquisition actions.
- Prepare and review reports regarding due diligence and financial analysis.
- Research and analyze industry standards, trends and target companies.
- Work closely with executives, investment bankers, private equity and corporate clients, attorneys or other stakeholders.
- Lead, supervise and train team members providing transaction services to clients.
- Work alongside other BKD team members to exceed client expectations.
BKD is seeking to a leader who understands the complexities and nuances of tax credits along with the relationship, strategic, and execution abilities in a highly collaborative firm to lead our National real estate tax credit practice. The practice leader will be enhancing BKD’s established expertise by identifying opportunities and risks through researching of market trends, business intelligence, and engaging with other key leaders for insights and learnings.
Throughout its footprint, BKD has developed real estate tax expertise and serves hundreds of clients in the real estate space. Many of these clients utilize various forms of tax credits to assist in the capital stack and development of projects.
This position is preferably based in Kansas City, St. Louis, or Springfield, MO. Indianapolis, Chicago or Denver can be considered as well.
- Prepare and review tax credit feasibility studies, tax compliance work, and transaction structure
- Analyze evolving portfolio of complex tax operations to provide meaningful business insights, and then develop plans and approaches to improve clients’ tax activities
- Manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a highly collaborative team environment
- Develop and enhance relationships for new clients engaging in relationship marketing and business development activities
- Work closely with and directly communicate with partners, managers and team members, in addition to client personnel.
- All other project duties as assigned based on the firm and client needs.
Location Preferences- Denver, Dallas, Houston, Springfield (MO), St Louis, Kansas City, Indianapolis, Chicago
The successful candidate will have a passion for enabling companies to more effectively operate their businesses through the use of leading technologies and best practices.
- Provide proficient knowledge and capabilities in the Dynamics GP application, including the functional configuration, business processes, and technical architecture
- Understand and implement manufacturing and/or payroll capabilities in Dynamics GP
- Translate client business pains, needs, and requirements, and document in the form of project specifications and deliverables
- Perform fit/gap analysis and process design for Dynamics GP core accounting applications
- Manage client engagements and relationships
- Perform solution design, system testing, unit testing, guide user acceptance testing, support user adoption, training, and go live activities
- Assist in sales cycle as needed, with demonstrations, project scoping, and requirements gathering
- Provide day-to-day technical application support for client companies
- Effectively manage your time between immediate client support needs and ongoing projects
- Participate in client meetings to gather business requirements and map to the solution capabilities
- Perform gap analysis from requirements gathered to solution proposed
- Complete design/configuration of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central and key third party products
- Produce project documentation such as: Functional Requirements Document, Customization Specifications, User Acceptance Test Scripts, and End User Training Documentation using BKD’s project implementation methodology
- Build integrations to perform data conversion tasks and additional integrations based off requirements
- Participate in all tasks relating to feature testing, solution testing, and user acceptance testing
- Lead end user training for clients in a one on one, webinar and classroom style settings
- Provide application support for clients
- Assist with escalation support for help desk
- Design/create financial statements with Power BI and other financial reporting tools
- Support Senior Consultants and Business Central team lead
- Obtain and maintain Microsoft Dynamics 365 certifications, as applicable
- Exemplify professional, clear, timely communication in all interactions
The BKD audit team provides assurance services that go beyond the compliance function. This team brings credibility to our clients' financial picture, communicates information objectively and clearly, and provides insight to help clients improve their businesses. As an Audit Senior, you will be responsible for providing unmatched client service while managing audit engagements, working with associates and the engagement partner or manager as well as the client. Responsibilities include:
- Correctly perform most routine audit engagement procedures in a timely and professional manner
- Demonstrate ability to recognize problems and propose sensible solutions, with appropriate balance between clients’ needs and the firm’s risk
- Balance assigned workload between self and staff
- Meet assigned deadlines or budgets and provide advance warning of problems
- Show ability to supervise and train other professionals
- Be willing and available to travel to serve clients
BKD’s WealthPlan (Private Client Services) group provides tax compliance and consulting services to our high net worth clients to help grow, preserve and protect their wealth. We provide financial, income tax, retirement, and estate planning services to high level executives, multi-generational wealthy families, their closely held businesses and investment enterprises. This is a growing practice within the organization. We are seeking motivated individuals who want to join a team to take this practice to the next level as well as advancing in their career.
Tax Managers / Senior Managers serve as members of various client service teams and must possess significant knowledge of taxation compliance and consulting related to personal income, estate, gift, wealth retention strategies as well as taxation of entities owned by ultra-high net worth clients (partnership, trust, foundation taxation). Managers / Senior Managers participate in identifying client services and communicating with clients and financial managers. They must have strong written and oral presentation skills, conduct research, manage, develop and grow a team of associates and seniors.
- Provide tax compliance and tax advisory services to individuals, partnerships, S corporations, charitable entities, Estates, Trusts, and Gift Tax.
- Help develop, build and manage client relationships
- Assist in managing, developing and coaching professional tax staff
- Review returns prepared by tax associates and seniors
- Effectively delegate responsibilities to others, monitoring efforts of engagement teams
- Exhibit effective communication and listening skills
- Proficiently use technology tools in regular assignments and demonstrate commitment to improving work processes through use of technology
- Successfully research complex tax issues, apply findings to projects and clearly communicate those findings in writing