BKD is a place where people build careers, gain new skills and enjoy big firm resources with a small firm approach to teamwork and camaraderie. We focus on providing unmatched client service to everyone we encounter—both in the marketplace and in our offices.
BKD’s Campus Recruiter is responsible for the execution of full life-cycle campus recruiting as designated in BKD’s university recruiting strategy. Campus Recruiters are highly visible representatives of the firm that promote the BKD brand across university communities and maintain excellent relationships with candidates, faculty, career center staff, managing partners and other office personnel involved in the recruiting process. Campus Recruiters are responsible for understanding and communicating overall firm and individual office culture, working with offices to identify entry-level and intern hiring needs and attracting candidates to fill these needs across the firm. This role serves as the subject matter expert and primary point of contact for candidates, educational institutions and BKD.
• Planning, facilitation, and execution of campus recruiting process and activities for targeted universities
• Relationship development, coordination, and management with select audiences
• Generation and recruitment of students for BKD’s staffing needs by market
• Operational excellence through facilitation of processes and communication
• Other duties as assigned
This position will be based in our New York City office and will have responsibility for campuses supporting our New York and Pennsylvania staffing needs. Regular travel to the various campuses will be expected.
Relationship Development and Management:
• Effectively source, screen and recruit candidates from targeted universities/campuses, online sources (LinkedIn), personal interaction, resume review and interviews to achieve hiring goals.
• Develop relationships with and serve as primary point of contact for candidates through the full recruiting cycle for portfolio universities and as needed for internal cross-market referral program.
• Develop, advance, and manage university relations (ultimately partnerships) with university career services, faculty, and students to ingrain BKD brand awareness across relationships.
• Plan/coordinate and attend campus recruiting events such as career fairs, student organization meetings, campus interviews, networking events, mock interviews, resume review sessions, etc.
• Organizes, prepares and/or gives presentation on campus at various colleges.
• Manage campus hire interview process including: screening resumes, selecting candidates for interview, conducting interview kick-offs and debrief sessions, managing offer approval process, extending offers, as needed, and rejecting candidates.
• Coordinate with offices to plan and execute office interview process; participate in office interview events; coordinate selection debriefing/feedback sessions; and move candidates to offer stage.
• Partner with key internal resources to develop and post social media content, campaigns, marketing collateral and requests to increase brand awareness and recruitment effectiveness.
• Manage ATS to maintain timely documentation and tracking on all candidates and candidate interactions.
• Coordinate internship programs and employee on-boarding processes as needed.
Experience and Education:
• Minimum two or more years campus or corporate recruiting, or event planning with a strong emphasis on customer/relationship experience
• CPA firm or other professional service firm (financial services, engineering, legal) recruiting experience preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Marketing, Communications, Business or related field preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and openness to engage with people.
• High degree of initiative with the ability to anticipate issues, think proactively and problem-solve.
• Excellent project management, decision-making, organizational, and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated event planning abilities with attention to detailed logistics and preparation.
• Self-guided/motivated professional that works thoroughly to the logical end of a task, requesting appropriate assistance when necessary
• Ability to confidently and comfortably deliver presentations and speak in front of large groups
• Ability to command the attention/respect of firm leaders and push back appropriately.
• Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, web-based applications, applicant tracking system, email, and social media platforms.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
• Ability to engage in and build relationships with firm personnel in a variety of office locations, talent communities, passive and active candidates, in-person and phone networking.
• Knowledge of laws and practices applicable to recruiting and hiring.
• Knowledge of public accounting or professional service environment preferred.
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
BKD does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. BKD will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed BKD vendor agreement. Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered property of BKD. BKD will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
BKD is a place where people build careers, gain new skills and enjoy big firm resources with a small firm approach to teamwork and camaraderie. We focus on providing unmatched client service to everyone we encounter—both in the marketplace and in our offices. We also offer the support, resources and opportunities you need to further develop your career. We listen to learn, combine innovation with practicality and give back to the communities where we live and work.
See what we offer new hires in terms of competitive compensation, People First benefits and paid time off.
Take your career to the next level at BKD.
BKD, LLP, a national CPA and advisory firm, can help individuals and businesses realize their goals. Our approximately 2,650 dedicated professionals provide solutions for clients in all 50 states and internationally. BKD and its subsidiaries offer a variety of tax, accounting and consulting services and combine the insight and ideas of thought leaders in multiple industries. Learn more at bkd.com.
Click here for more information regarding BKD’s Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy, Reasonable Accommodations for Disabilities, and E-Verify.